Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 8:24 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Battling Dragons :: Hrimfaxi Battle Strategies...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Lugia7777

Member #79

May 27, 2003 24:06
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmm... Whenever I battle using Hrimfaxi, I keep on losing!!!! Here is the list of commands that I give to my Hrimfaxi:

Moonstruck Once
  Dewshot Five Times
  Dewshot Twice
  Attack Endlessly

Do you think it's the fact that I used Moonstruck once that turned the tide of the battle? Maybe I shouldn't rely on confusion anymore... Well, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
MintMan

Member #1

May 27, 2003 1:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, you should rely only on Confusion, unless you are up against a magically-inept foe.

For example, if you are fighting, say, a Nidhogg, J-Wock, Tatzelwurm, Garm, or Basilisk, Dew Shot like there is no tomorrow. They will fall soon enough.

Everything else, just Moon Struck until they are confused, not just once. You need to confuse them.

Do not Moon Struck another Dark creature as your chance of confusion becomes quite pitiful; also, steer clear of other Hrimfaxis and Monoceroses.

Actually (I did not look before), you are at that odd level where some things hatch and some things are left behind in the power department. Steer clear of anything that comes from an egg, and whatever you do, do not challenge anything level ten or higher. There is a very large gap in stat differences at that point.

That gap is there for two reasons. The first is to make sure higher-level creatures maintain power over lower-level ones (if you notice, not much changes from a level one to a level two creature, et cetera). Second, I want people to actually pay attention to the stats of the enemy. Some of these things will be stronger than you in every single stat, but that is only because of their form bonus.

[Editted by MintMan on May 27, 2003 19:41]
Lugia7777

Member #79

May 30, 2003 24:43

Thanks. I'll keep that fact in mind. BTW, it seems that there is this guy who happens to be at the same level as I am who keeps on refusing my challenges... I dunno why. I mean, the fight will be fair, and I want to raise my Hrimfaxi's level. Anyway, yes, I'll use DewShot like there's no tomorrow. What other creatures can then be confused? Isn't that all of the creatures in BD that you mentioned? If that's the case, then I'll have my work cut out for me.

On a side note, aren't blogs popular? If so, maybe I should start my own blog rather than the math shortcuts, seeing that I can't compete with other math sites (one site has over 200 mental math stuff). However, I'm still gonna put the AoW stuff onto my site once I decide to get my lazy butt off the chair and actually make the site. Well, thanks for the help.
MintMan

Member #1

May 30, 2003 20:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh, right, that other thing you were saying in that other topic. I know it seems like I am babbling, but it is just for anyone who does not know what you are currently talking about.

Blogs have seemed to grow immensely in popularity over these past few months. Not many people even knew what a blog was before then.

Hey, I dunno if you've tried this, but the RPG is a good way to get meager amounts of XP. You can only get up to 500 XP in it, I think, and even that takes work, but it might push you past level ten (or at least help).
Lugia7777

Member #79

May 30, 2003 23:42

Well, whaddya know? That's enough to get me to level 10! Thanks a lot for the suggestion! I'll try it right away!!!
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jun 9, 2003 16:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Even after countless explainations of who I should battle and how I'm still not doing so well. Actually, Artimis has been eating dirt. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but Artimis hasn't won a batlle in a loooooong time, and it wasn't by much then. I'm starting to think that I should just start a new account, but I've thought of that before and I don't want to kill Artimis. What should I do? Just look at how pitiful my last battle was.

Battle Log for SailorSassyStar and familiar Artimis:

Smokey casts Frenzy. Smokey's Strength is increased. Smokey casts RazorAssault. Artimis is critically damaged by the attack. Smokey casts RazorAssault. Artimis is critically injured by the attack. Smokey casts RazorAssault. Artimis is seriously wounded by the blow. Smokey wins!

~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

Dragon_Knight

Member #49

Jun 9, 2003 21:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, not even a hit. Well, Tatzelwurms do have fast speed and agility, but even then you should get at least 1 hit on him.

What you should do, is keep fighting zendrix's Hatchling until youre at a high level. He accepts any challenge and isn't hard to beat,
This is Dragon_Knight, gym leader of the DarkShadow Gym
Visit the site to get a DarkShadow Badge!

- Dragon_Knight
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 10, 2003 24:19

INCORRECT!

Incorrect, Meganaut! Sailor does not suck -- Sailor rocks! I love you, Sassy! I love you so much that I could kiss you, but to show that love, I shall not. That is the greatest gift I can give...

... that, and rid of all your losses obtained from Smokey.

Smokey is a cheat. He has been deleted twice before. He displays his creature like eighty times on one page in order to get lots of hits. I do not know how it gets past the IP blocker, but it does. I think it is due to the fact that it happens all at once.

In either case, does anyone remember a while back I made an update about tracking and blocking cheats? Well, by cheaters, I meant Smokey.

Unfortunately, I forget about things, and I did not check the hacker file that logs every page his creature is viewed from in a long time. I checked it after I saw you log, and guess what? Cheatlink!

He is so gone! I shall reduce your losses however many times you fought him, and you can keep the XP. Heck, I just might give you some for helping out.
  I really kinda like the XP-for-help system. It can work now that the RPG is out.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jun 11, 2003 20:16

To D_K: Yah, I know that I should have been able to get in at least one hit. That's why I posted it's patheticness. About Zendrix... I tried that already and it didn't work.

Thanks a ton Minty! It just figures that out of all of the BD members I was the one that had to find the cheater out the hard way. I'm so lucky.
  I don't believe that DragonKnight said that I suck, but it is probably true. I only lost to smokey once, and even with out that loss I nearly have a 1:1 win to loss ratio. School is almost out and I'm still thinking mathimatically. Anyway, thanks for your kindness. Poor Artimis needs it.
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 12, 2003 1:26

As for my Hrimfaxi, the last time I battled, I lost horribly due to my lack of speed. Oh well. Once I actually go through the RPG, I'm gonna get to level 10! Yay!
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jun 13, 2003 24:53
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jun 10, 2003 5:20, MintMan said:

In either case, does anyone remember a while back I made an update about tracking and blocking cheats? Well, by cheaters, I meant Smokey.

You meant him in particular? Heh.

I'd warned him that anything that makes it easier to raise your familiar than it is for everyone else would be considered cheating, but he kept trying to pull things off.
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 13, 2003 10:59

Well, in particular, it is stuff I deleted him for and told him not to do ever again.

He still kept doing it, tho'. Idiot. I gave him two warnings, too. He just would not listen. His worst crime of all, however, is denying it. I hate it when people try to lie to me. They fail ever so miserably.

Hrimfaxi lack speed? I think your problem was that you were a Dew Drop challenging something of a higher stage. The Hrimfaxi species does not exactly lack speed; it is average to above average.
  However, when you get to the point of eggs hatching or the level ten barrier being crossed by enemies, attributes jump up quite a bit, leaving you in the dust. Always check the enemy stats before a battle so you know what you are getting into.
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jun 13, 2003 11:07
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jun 13, 2003 16:00, MintMan said:

His worst crime of all, however, is denying it.

In talking to him in IMs, he seemed to actually believe that he wasn't doing anything wrong...

In that case, he's just a MAJOR idiot.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jun 13, 2003 14:00

You deleted him already? Check the battle board. I found a Smokey with a level 7 Jabberwock, so unless he is cheating again or he's a different person. Are you sure you did it right? I still have the loss and the same exp too. I am so confussed. There is also a random blank member on the board, which confusses me more. Today is my first day of summer vacation, please don't make me have to use my brain more than I have too.
~*SailorSassyStar*~
  VanillaFudge

Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 13, 2003 22:01

OMG, I lost horribly to a Level 8 Basilisk! Hmmm... I Dewshoted it endlessly, but it kept on using the petrification attack!

I must have horrible luck... Oh well, at least it gives me experience. I just need to battle another person again. BTW, the one with the Basilisk happens to be Ash10 (got humbled by a senior member of Reality's End)!
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 14, 2003 12:03

Of course you lost! You are fighting a Basilisk Serpent, a second stage creature! You are still a DewDrop, which is a first stager. Have you not been paying attention to what I have been saying?
  Check his stats. You will find them vastly superior to your own. Eggs have a tendancy to do that. Around levels ten and twenty, stats jump up something awful, and those who do not heed get clobbered. You have to watch for that if you do not want to get crushed.
  There is no luck or ineptness about it. There is only a Basilisk that ripped apart your unsuspecting Hrimfaxi. Stick to equal enemies until you cross the threshold.

There is a reason eggs get that power faster, in case you feel it is unfair. Eggs are supposed to be able to hatch anywhere from level eight to eleven or twelve, but I have bad luck programming level varying things like that. I tried it for spells once, and next thing I know members are complaining about not learning their attacks.

Good eye, but Smokey is not DragonSlayer, or at least I cannot prove it: different IPs, different sites, different passwords. They are friends, and hence the similarity. It has been around since before DragonSlayer's second account deletion, so it cannot be him returning for revenge.
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 17, 2003 22:37

Oh? It is? I see. I didn't know that... Sorry about that, I've been out of it lately. Stupid AP US History Summer Reading Project! It's hard and tedious! Well, I'd better go look in the Bestiary more. My apologies. Later.
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jun 18, 2003 7:24

On Jun 14, 2003 17:04, MintMan said:

Good eye, but Smokey is not DragonSlayer, or at least I cannot prove it: different IPs, different sites, different passwords. They are friends, and hence the similarity. It has been around since before DragonSlayer's second account deletion, so it cannot be him returning for revenge.

In talking with him, he sure sounded like it was someone else, and he's told me a lot of things that he'd been trying to do that he'd get banned for(I warned him not to, seems he hasn't always listened... ^_^;)
  So, unless he's being VERY sneaky about it, then they're two seperate identities.

If he IS somehow pulling some elaborate scheme... he's going through a lot more trouble that it's really worth...

[Editted by Lugiatrainer on Jun 19, 2003 1:53]
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jun 18, 2003 12:55

Well, since you can't pinpoint him, anything's possible. I suggest that you better monitor him for a while to see if something's gone down. Good luck in your duties as webmaster, MintMan!

*EDIT* Yay! I finally have a level 10 Hrimfaxi Colt by defeating a level 8 Tatzelwurm Kitten! Now I can challenge Sailor (and even though I lose, at least it will measure me up to how I battle)! Yay!

-Lugia7777

*/EDIT*

[Editted by Lugia7777 on Jun 27, 2003 18:54]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 8:24 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022